Page 1 of 4
Consequently, we will provide discipline structures that will:
- foster positive relationships amongst the school community
- provide support for staff in dealing with students and for students when experiencing problems
- provide a safe and positive learning environment
- satisfy individual learning needs of students within the curriculum
- provide appropriate consequences for student actions
- engage students in the process of reaching agreed consequences
- maintain student self esteem and confidentiality
- prohibit the use of corporal punishment.
College expectations of students
- Students are to attend regularly, be punctual to class, Learning Advisor periods and assemblies and be properly engaged.
- Students are to be in full school uniform, unless otherwise advised.
- Students are to contribute to a safe, productive learning environment by following instructions and behaving in a way that is neighter disruptive nor potentially harmful.
- Students are to contirbute to a caring and supportive environment by showing consideration for others, and ensuring words and actions are not offensive to others.
- Students are to contibtue to a clean and pleasant environment through actions which show responsibility for their own, otehrs and college property.
- Students are to represent the College proudly, by acting in a way that reflects well on themselves, their families, the College community and the wider community.
The Positive Discipline diagram shows the process of intervention if adverse behaviour is observed.
- Next >>