This includes a commitment to:
- elected government
- the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance.
Sacred Heart College is a welcoming, child safe, Christian community devoted to educating the whole person whilst striving to be always faithful to its Catholic and Mercy heritage.
|“Show your instructions in your actions as much as you can.”|
At Sacred Heart College we believe that:
- The College is a child safe learning community where students, teachers, parents and community members work in partnership to contribute to the development of the individual;
- Learning in Catholic education helps individuals understand what it means to live in God’s image and to serve as stewards of our community
- Education empowers individuals to be responsible for their lives and to contribute to society
- A holistic Catholic education community, in which the life-giving values of Jesus and the Catholic ethos are taught and lived, enables the integration of Faith, Life and Culture
- A dynamic and relevant Catholic education is faithful to the past but attentive to the needs of the future.
Inspired by John 10:10, “I came that they may have life to the full,” at Sacred Heart College our graduates should be:
- Individuals who act with honesty and integrity and who have the courage to be always faithful to themselves
- Equipped with the skills and abilities to contribute enthusiastically and successfully to the wider community
- Confident, compassionate, articulate and resilient people who are responsible and respectful
- Self–directed, life–long learners who aspire to be more rather than have more
- Environmentally and socially responsible
- Reflective, creative, and holistic thinkers who solve problems and make responsible decisions with a moral conscience informed by the Catholic tradition
- Discerning believers formed in the Catholic faith and affirmed in the Mercy tradition.