This includes a commitment to:
- elected government
- the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance.
Sacred Heart College is a welcoming, child safe, Christian community devoted to educating the whole person whilst striving to be always faithful to its Catholic and Mercy heritage.
|“Show your instructions in your actions as much as you can.”|
At Sacred Heart College we believe that:
- The College is a child safe learning community where students, teachers, parents and community members work in partnership to contribute to the development of the individual;
- Learning in Catholic education helps individuals understand what it means to live in God’s image and to serve as stewards of our community
- Education empowers individuals to be responsible for their lives and to contribute to society
- A holistic Catholic education community, in which the life-giving values of Jesus and the Catholic ethos are taught and lived, enables the integration of Faith, Life and Culture
- A dynamic and relevant Catholic education is faithful to the past but attentive to the needs of the future.
As a graduate of Sacred Heart College I:
- am called to live out the Marcy values and follow the teachings of Jesus
- know that I am loved by God
- am empowered as a learner to achieve my best
- am a curious and creative learner who seeks growth through challenge
- have the courage to act with integrity
- contribute positively to the community
- am responsible, respectful and inclusive
- am attentive to my spiritual, physical, academic and emotional growth.