The College Leadership team consists of the following staff members:
Lew Nagle - Principal
Fleur Linehan - Deputy Principal Learning Teaching and Professional Practice
Marcus Cummins - Deputy Principal Students and Organisation
Jenny Loughnan - Business Manager
Marg McKay – Wellbeing Coordinator and Child Safety Officer
Lucienne Camenzuli - Faith and Ministry Leader
Principal – Lew Nagle
Lew comes to the role of Principal following one year as Acting Principal and 10 years as Deputy at Sacred Heart. Lew has played an integral role in taking the school from a Year 7-10 to a Year 7-12 school. This transition was challenging for the community but extremely successful and the college enjoys tremendous support from the local region.
Prior to Sacred Heart Lew spent nine years at Assumption College where he served as Head of Faculty of Humanities and later Physical Education and Health.
Lew has worked extensively in the Sandhurst Diocese and has played a key role in the Quadrennial Sandhurst Conferences which have been held at Shepparton and most recently at Bendigo with over 2000 delegates.
In 2011 Lew was awarded the Bishop De Campo Scholarship, which allowed him to work in the Northern Territory in isolated Catholic community schools such as Francis Xavier, Nauiyu Daly River. The focus of his work was developing curriculum and pastoral care programs for new and existing schools as well as developing virtual classroom connections between remote indigenous schools settings and Sacred Heart. During 2014 year Lew participated in the Country Education Study Tour to England visiting high performing schools in different settings.
Lew is passionate about making connections with the community and achieving the best outcomes for rural students.
The Sacred Heart College Board plays a vital role in creating and guiding the College's strategic direction. It's membership is derived from the Canonical Administrator, a representative from the Catholic Education Office, members of the College community, and the College's executive leadership. Parents are welcome to nominate themselves or others for membership of the Board. The College recognises the importance of embracing people with a range of skills to contribute to good governance and the strategic direction of our College.
The Board's purpose according to its Constitution is as follows.
- Sacred Heart College Education Board (College Board/Board) is committed to the philosophy of shared wisdom, which recognizes the intrinsic worth of each individual’s contribution.
- The College Board is the key advisory body to assist our Parish Priest and Principal in matters related to School Renewal and Improvement.
- As part of the Catholic Church, the College Board is a decision-making group that builds, strengthens and nourishes the College community. The task of the College Board is one of ministry and commitment to our spiritual journey and faith development.
- Our Parish Priest, as Canonical Administrator of the College, has ultimate responsibility for the legal and canonical obligation associated with the running of the College.
- The Principal, appointed by the Parish Priest in consultation with the College Board, is delegated the responsibility for the day to day educational and administrative functions of the school.
- The College Board assists in the formulation of College Policy in conjunction with the Parish Priest, College staff and parents.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children. The College Board supports this role by developing College/community relationships and encouraging home/school interaction.
- Together with the Sacred Heart Primary School Education Board and the parish, the College Board develops strategies for the promotion of Catholic Education in Sacred Heart Parish and surrounding districts.
- The College Board facilitates school improvement, renewal and development of all facets of College life.
- Annual financial, administrative and educational reports will be made by the College Board to the College community.
Board Chair: Samantha Ridley
Canonical Administrator: Father Stephen Bohan
Catholic Education Office representative: Helen Ramsdale
Principal: Lew Nagle
Deputy Principals: Fleur Linehan, Marcus Cummins
College Finance Committee representative: Paul Niewenhout
Parents and Friends representative: Lynda White
Parent representatives: Jennie Donovan, Andrew Kennedy